This autumn, Food by National Geographic Traveller (UK) is exploring Scandinavia, celebrating some of the best culinary experiences Norway, Sweden and Denmark have to offer.
From Copenhagen’s vegan offering to seafood in the Norwegian fjords, we sample the best of a region where simple ingredients have always gone a long way — and where both traditional recipes and modern menus draw on nature’s bounty, be it forest-foraged mushrooms and berries, local fish, wild game or a rainbow of seasonal vegetables.
Glen Mutel, editor of Food, said: “It may be something of a cliché, but Scandinavians have a reputation for their quality of life. Our cover story adds fresh fuel to this notion, providing a dazzling culinary snapshot of a region that’s surely on every food-lover’s must-visit list.”
Also in this issue, we follow the chowder trail in Nova Scotia; enjoy a family meal in Buenos Aires; and explore the historic chocolate shops of Turin. All this, plus the highlights of Berlin, São Paulo and the French region of Savoy.
In addition, expect the usual mix of thought-provoking features and easy-to-follow recipes from world-renowned contributors.
- Deconstruct: Moussaka — the lowdown on the layered Greek classic
- My Life in Food: Broadcaster Nick Grimshaw on the joys of a chippy and his new food podcast
- Try it Now: How king oyster mushrooms have become the meat substitute of the moment
- Five Ways With: Get the best out of Jerusalem artichokes
- Recipe Journal: Four soups from around the world
- Make Perfect: Tips for mastering wiener schnitzel
- The Pioneer: Ecuadorian chef Rodrigo Pacheco on the importance of using native ingredients
- 26-PAGE DIGITAL EZINE SAMPLE https://magazine.natgeotraveller.co.uk/food-sept23/
- Issue 21
- On sale date: 7 September 2023
- Price: £5.10